This policy describes how iData processes your personal information, but this policy may not address all possible data processing scenarios. Regarding the specific data information collected by products or services will be expounded in a dedicated privacy notice or supplemental statement issued by iData for specific products or services, or in a notice provided at the time of data collection.
We have made this policy to help you understand the contents as follow:
1. How iData collects and uses your personal information;
3. How iData discloses your personal information;
4. Your rights in personal information processing activities;
5. How iData protects your personal information;
6. How iData handles children's personal information;
7. The Third-party providers and their services;
8. How your personal information is transferred globally;
9. How this policy will update;
10. How to contact iData;
1.1 How iData collects your personal information
Personal information refers to various information related to identified or identifiable natural people, being recorded electronically or in other ways, anonymized information excluded. We may collect your personal information when you use iData products and services or interact with us. The exact type of data collected will vary depending on the products and services you use and your interactions with us. You are not obliged to provide your personal information to iData, but in some cases, if you choose not to provide it, iData may not be able to provide you with relevant products or services, nor respond or solve your problems. iData will only collect and use your personal information for the purposes described in this policy. The personal information we may collect includes:
1.1.1 Information you provide to iData
(1) Account registration information. When registering an account, we will ask you to provide corresponding personal information, including your name, account number, password, email, contact number, etc.
(2) Personal contact information. When you contact us, leave us comments, suggestions or inquiries, participate in our online and offline activities, subscribe to marketing materials, etc., you can leave your contact information, including your name, company name, position, email, phone, etc.
1.1.2 Information obtained during your interaction with us or use of our products and services
(1) Equipment and network information. We will collect device-related information when you use iData products and services, such as device type, device name or model, device identifier, operating system type and version, browser type and version, screen resolution, language settings, IP address, network service provider, etc., and other technical information that varies by product.
(2) Interactive history information. This information refers to the information you provide directly to us when you use our website, products or services, and interact with us. For example, the information requests you provide us, including the query information you enter, the questions or information you provide to get customer service support, your communication records of online, phone, email, and online and offline activities, etc.
(3) Log information. When you use iData's products and services or view the content provided by iData, iData will automatically collect and store necessary log information, such as the time of each visit to the service, the visiting page path, client IP address, events Information (e.g. errors, crashes, restarts, and upgrades).
1.1.3 The third-party source information and public information
With permission of the law, we also obtain relevant data from public and commercial third-party or public sources. For example, We will purchase statistical data from other companies to support our services.
iData may also collect and use non-identifiable data. Non-identifiable data refers to the data that cannot be used to identify any individual. For example, iData collects aggregate statistics, such as website traffic. iData collects this data to understand how users use our website, products and services. In this way, iData can improve our own services and better meet the needs of customers. iData may collect, use, process, transfer or disclose non-identifiable data for other purposes at its sole discretion. We endeavour to isolate your personal information and non-identifiable data and use both types of data separately. If personal information is mixed with non-identifiable data, it will still be regarded as personal information.
1.2 How iData uses your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
(1) Create an account. Customers interested in iData products and services
can create an account. This account can provide you with identity authentication, authority management to protect the security of products and services, contact you and send you important notices, etc. when you use iData products and services. To create an account, we will collect the personal information that you provide us, including the name, account number, password, email, contact number, country or region you enter.
(2) Respond to your interactive request. When you visit our website,
participate in online or offline activities, you reach out to us for any change request, information (e.g. marketing materials for products or services), and any questions or product information (e.g. technical support, provide us with comments, suggestions, inquiries, etc.), we will collect the following information from you:
Your name, email, phone number, address, company name, position, etc.
To communicate with you, such as sending you the e-magazine you subscribe to, replying to your inquiries, comments or suggestions to us, or sending you event gifts, etc.
Your information requests, Calls, email, online and offline activities, etc.
To respond to your requests, such as sending you the e-magazines you subscribe to, obtaining your comments, suggestions or inquiries about us, sending you event gifts, etc.
(3) Recommend relevant content, products or services for you. With your
consent, we could send you information about products and services that you may be interested in; We could invite you to participate in iData activities (including promotions), market research or satisfaction surveys; Or when you visit online platform, such as our website and Wechat official account, we could provide you with customized content and services. We will collect the following information from you:
Your name, email, phone number, address, company name, position, etc.
To communicate with you, such as sending you marketing information, inviting you to participate iData activities, pushing product or service notification you might be interest based on your consent
Your interactive recodes including loading webpages, playing videos, downloading PDF file, reposting to your social media, etc.
To understand your interested points of our website or products, so that we could better provide you with more accurate, and appropriate information or services.
Devices and network information
Device type, name and model no. Device recognition label, O.S type and version, browser type and version, Screen resolution, language setting, IP address, network service provider, etc.
To summarize and analyze the access effect and statistical data of online platforms such as websites and WeChat official accounts, so as to continuously optimize your experience
If you do not wish to receive this information, you can unsubscribe at any time by following steps of the text message or other means provided by us.
(4) Other circumstances:
l To troubleshoot if you choose to send us error details.
l To protect the safety of our products, services, customers or users, and to implement and improve our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs.
l To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards or our policies.
For the above purposes, we may collect the following information from you:
Time of service requested, type of protocol requested, client IP address, successful request status, resource path requested, client device information (such as device type, operating system type and version), etc.
Fulfill legal obligations, ensure reliable, safe and stable operation of products or services, and optimize products and services, etc.
To ensure the normal operation of the website, we sometimes store small data files called cookies on your computer or mobile device. A cookie refers to a plain text file stored on a computer or mobile device by a web server. The content of a cookie can only be retrieved or read by the server that created it. Each cookie is unique to your web browser or mobile application. Cookies usually contain identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters. With the help of cookies, websites can store data such as user preferences or the items in the shopping basket.
2.2 Web Beacons and Pixel Tags
Besides cookies, we also use other similar technologies such as web beacons and pixel tags on our website. For example, an email that iData sent you may contain a clickable URL linking to the content of iData's website. If you click on the link, iData will track the click to help us understand your product and service preferences and improve customer service. A web beacon is usually a transparent image embedded in a website or email. With the help of pixel tags in emails, we can tell whether an email has been opened. If you do not want your activity to be tracked in this way, you can unsubscribe from iData's mailing list at any time.
3. How iData discloses your personal information
Generally, iData will not disclose your personal information in public, except for the following scenarios:
(1) Under the circumstance that some services are provided by an authorized partner of iData, iData will share your personal information with the partner as described in this policy. For example, when entrusting a partner to handle hotlines, send emails, provide technical support, etc. on behalf of iData, we will require the partner to only use your personal information to provide services to you on behalf of iData;
(2) We may disclose personal information among our affiliates. We will only disclose your information within our affiliates for specific, clear and legitimate purposes, and only disclose necessary information in order to provide services.
(3) iData may also disclose your personal information to relevant law enforcement agencies or other government agencies when required by applicable laws or in response to legal procedures. In some jurisdictions, your personal information may also be disclosed to counterparties if iData is involved in reorganization, merger or bankruptcy and liquidation proceedings.
(4) iData will also disclose your data when there is a reasonable need, such as for the execution of a contract and we believe it is necessary and appropriate so as to prevent physical harm or property loss, or to investigate possible or actual illegal acts.
4. Your rights in personal information processing activities
You should ensure that all personal information submitted is accurate. iData will try its best to maintain the accuracy and completeness of personal information and update these data in a timely manner.
When required by applicable law, you may (1) have the right to access and copy your specific personal information that we have; (2) require us to update or correct inaccurate personal information about you; (3) refuse or restrict our use of your personal information; (4) require us to delete your personal information; (5) require us to explain the personal information processing rules.
When required by applicable law, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when iData processes your personal information based on your consent. However, the withdrawal of consent will not affect the legality and validity of our processing of your personal information based on your consent before the withdrawal, nor will it affect our processing of your personal information based on other appropriate legitimate grounds.
5. How iData protects and retain your personal information
iData attaches great importance to the security of personal information. We adopt appropriate physical, administrative and technical measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss. For example, we will use encryption technology to ensure the confidentiality of data; we will use protection mechanisms to prevent malicious attacks on data; we will deploy access control mechanisms to ensure that only authorized personnel can access personal information; and we will conduct security and privacy protection training courses to enhance employees' awareness of the importance of protecting personal information. We do our best to protect your personal information, but please be aware of that no security measure is flawless.
We will retain your personal information for the necessary period to achieve the purposes described in this policy, unless an extension of the retention period is required or permitted by law or permitted by law. Because the storage period of data may vary based on different scenarios and different products and services, the criteria we use to determine the retention period include: the time required to retain personal information to complete the business purpose, including providing products and services, maintaining corresponding transaction and business records, controlling and improving the performance and quality of products and services, ensuring the security of systems, products and services, responding to possible user inquiries or complaints, problem location, etc.; Whether users consent a longer retention period; Whether there are special requirements for retaining data in terms of law and contract. We will retain your registration information as long as your account is necessary to provide you with services. You can also choose to cancel your account. After you cancel your account, we will stop providing products and services based on the account, and delete your corresponding personal information or anonymize it without special legal requirements.
6. How iData handles children's personal information
Our products, websites and services are primarily for adults. Children (minors under the age of 14) are not allowed to create their own user accounts without the consent of their parents or guardians. For the collection of children's personal information with parental consent, we will use or disclose this data only when it’s permitted by law, parent or guardian consent explicitly, or in order to protect the children. If iData finds itself having collected personal information from a child without obtaining verifiable parental consent in advance, it will seek to delete the relevant data as soon as possible.
7.Third-party providers and their services
In order to ensure a smooth browsing experience, you may receive content or web links from external third parties (hereinafter referred to as "third parties") of iData and its partners. iData has no control over such third parties. You can choose whether to access links, content, products and services provided by third parties.
iData has no control over the privacy and data protection policies of third parties and such third parties are not bound by this policy. Before submitting personal information to third parties, please refer to the privacy policies of those third parties.
8. How your personal information is transferred globally
iData is a company with overseas business, which means that your personal information collected by iData may be processed in the country/region where you use the products or services, or in the country or region where iData, or its affiliates, service providers and business partners have set up institutions. In this case, iData will take actions to assure the data we collected will be processed in accordance with the requirements of this policy and applicable law. This includes the situation when the personal information of data subjects located in the EU is transferred to countries or regions with the same level of data protection that are not recognized by the EU, iData will use various legal mechanisms, such as signing standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or requesting your consent to transfer personal information across borders, or implement security measures such as data anonymization prior to cross-border data transfers.
9. How this policy is updated
10. How to contact iData
If you have any privacy complaints or questions to contact the iData’s Data Protection Officer, or if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please reach out to us via the following contact details:
Generally, we will reply within fifteen working days. If you are dissatisfied with our response, especially if our behavior of processing personal information has damaged your legitimate rights and interests, you can also issue a complaint or report to the regulatory authorities such as National Office of Internet and Information,Communications Authority, Police and Industry and Commerce Bureau.
Latest update date: June 2022